Friday, February 10, 2012

THE MOST MEMORABLE AND UNFORGETTABLE "Get-Together-Gather" AT TASIK “Y” BATU PAHAT……


That memorable warm night (possibly in the month of February 1972) was occupied by a group of us comprising Tuan Haji Rashid Mentol (arwah), Mahzan, Raja, Najib, Zaba, Rahmat Ismail (Debot), Zul Zakaria (ZZ) and myself (could be others as well). The "get-together-gather" occasion was to celebrate Tn Hj Rashid’s getting a full-certificate of his HSC pending enrolment in University of Malaya. All of us sat at one corner of the edge of the "Y-shaped" lake or affectionately known as "Tasik “Y”" of Batu Pahat. Someone brought along a guitar “kapok” and we started  crooning and croaking, breaking the serenity of the night tranquillity with contemporaries and oldies at that time…....it was awesome and pandemonium as many of the songs we heartily and hilariously sang were either out of the lyrics and tunes or sung with our very own wordings! Then, came ZZ’s turn to demonstrate his well-known gifted talent in strumming the “kapok” guitar……..the first few songs we sang were OK (palatable to the ears, eyes and noses!) as ZZ led the symphony of natural choir singers (including Zaba) with the guitar…..and soon we ran out of songs to sing from the jux-box of our mental library. Then, ZZ started creatively to compose his own song that was adopted from the current hit then by John Lennon but with a slightly altered or "doctored" lyrics …….  "Imagine there’s no Debot,……………….” 

FOR THE REST OF THE LYRICS, KINDLY REFER TO ZZ!!





6 comments:

  1. Dear ZZ,

    Honestly, if you don't like this page, I'll take it out..........

    Salam.

    DrIAJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I dont have any memories of my six form life. I must have been dreaming the 2 years!! I honestly only remember running, training, sports meet, hockey training, netball training. Oh My God...I dont remembr sitting for the exams! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear ZZ,

    I'm testing this comment box.....then click "Comment as:" whether it is "google" or "yahoo" or whatever the account.....then press "Publish".....that's it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear ZZ,

    There...it has been published! Senang je....Yunus pon boleh buat Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro Doc IAJ....Tks for teaching a pentium head 1 to become core i7 expert. Frankly I salute you on your memory power. Didn't know I played the guitar until I saw the foto. I remembered we always hang out at Tasik Y and my recollection is always black and white images of the surroundings.I can still sense the smell of freshly burnt grass...Rasa high aje... Tks for the memory again.

    Wanna meet up for cigar and coffee at Mr. Foo's [Fuaad with 2A] place tmrw nite? I am planning to chit chat with him and catch up old stories.I will also send you a foto of a 17 years old Fuaad[rambut masih lebat]later ok? With his permission of course....Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro ZZ,

    That's great! After Isyak kot.....doa & wirid kene pendek sikit. Need Bro Foo's address in Shah Alam....or I'll calling calling you when around that vicinity.....

    Salam.

    ReplyDelete